A286 bolts belong to which material?
A286 material is also known as A286 stainless steel. It is a precipitation hardening alloy primarily composed of Fe, Ni, and Cr, with trace amounts of Ti, Mo, and V. This alloy offers excellent mechanical properties, high strength and exceptional corrosion resistance, especially in elevated temperature environments.
A286 bolts are manufactured by heating the material and then it is formed into a desirable shape. Reputed manufacturers offer different types of fasteners like A286 screws, threaded rods, bolts, studs, etc. to meet your needs.
Know more about limitations and temperature range of A286 fasteners
|Other common name of a286 bolts||UNS S66286, Inconel A286, DIN 1.4980|
|Standard||ASTM F2281, ISO 3506, Metric, ASTM, NAS, MIL SPEC, Cres|
|Manufacturing method of UNS S66286 bolts||Cold Worked & Hot Forged hex bolts with nuts & washer|
|Melting process||AOD melting, electro-slag remelting (ESR), vacuum arc remelting (VAR), vacuum induction melting (VIM)|
|Types||Hex bolts, Hex nuts, Screws, Washers, Stud bolts, threaded rod and rivets|
SA 891 (Type 1, 2)
|UNS S66286||AMS 5737 (Grade A)
AMS 5732 (Grade B)
|British Standard||European standard||Werkstoff||AECMA|
BS HR 51
|DIN/ EN 1.4943
DIN/ EN 1.4944
DIN/ EN 1.4980
|AECMA PrEN 2171
AECMA PrEN 2172
AECMA PrEN 2119
AECMA PrEN 2303
AECMA PrEN 2173
AECMA PrEN 2398
AECMA PrEN 2304
AECMA PrEN 3510
AECMA PrEN 2399
AECMA PrEN 2417
AECMA PrEN 2175
Fairchild MS 301
|A286 bolts, screws, and nuts metric sizes|
- A286 stainless steel hex bolts
- A286 steel heavy hex bolts
- UNS S66286 foundation bolts
- Nickel alloy A286 u bolts
- A286 cres shoulder bolts
- A286 alloy hex nuts
- UNS 66286 Machine Hex Nuts
- 1.4980 steel Finished Hex Nuts
- A286 stainless Thin Nuts
- Alloy A286 Metric nuts
- Inconel A286 solid rivets
- DIN 1.4980 riv nuts
- A286 660 threaded rivets
- A286 stainless steel blind rivet nut
- Alloy A286 threaded pop rivets
- A286 socket head cap screws
- UNS S66286 self tapping screws
- Nickel alloy A286 hexagon screw
- A286 cres countersunk slotted screws
- EN 1.4980 machine screws
- Inconel A286 square washer
- DIN 1.4980 lock washer
- UNS 66286 belleville washer
- A286 660 flat washer
- Nickel alloy A286 countersunk washer
- A286 stainless steel stud bolt
- 1.4980 steel threaded studs
- A286 alloy threaded bar
- Nickel alloy A286 tap end threaded rods
- UNS S66286 double ended studs
|Tensile strength of alloy A286||1035 MPa||150100 psi|
|Yield strength (@strain 0.200%) of 1.4980 bolts||759 MPa||110000 psi|
|Elongation at break||25%||25%|
|Reduction of area||40%||40%|
|Hardness, Knoop of UNS S66286 (estimated from Rockwell C value)||330||330|
|Hardness, Rockwell C 1.4980 steel fasteners||32||32|
|Hardness, Vickers of Inconel A286 hex bolts (estimated from Rockwell C value)||318||318|
Nominal Composition by Percent
- Carbon - 0.08% max
- Phosphorous - 0.025% max
- Manganese - 2.00% max
- Silicon - 1.00% max
- Sulfur - 0.025% max
- Nickel - 24.00 - 27.00%
- Chromium - 13.50 - 16.00%
- Titanium - 1.90 - 2.35%
- Molybdenum - 1.00 - 1.50%
- Aluminum - 0.35% max
- Boron - 0.003 - 0.010%
- Vanadium - 0.10 - 0.50%
- Iron - Balance
- Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 20-37 HRc
- Brinell Hardness (HB): 200 to 250 HB
- Tensile strength: 145,000 KSI; 1000 MPa
- Yield strength: 105,000 KSI; 724 MPa
|Yield Strength||As per ASTM E8/E8M-13a standard|
- Shear Strength = 0.6 x Tensile Strength
|Environment||Alloy A286||SS 304||SS 316|
|5% Neutral Salt Spray/ ISO 9227 Salt Spray Testing||100 Hours ---> No Rusting||100 Hours ---> No Rusting||100 Hours ---> No Rusting|
|U-Bend Test in 42% MgCl2 Magnesium Chloride||168 Hours---> Cracks||8 Hours---> Cracks||24 Hours---> Cracks|
|Crevice Corrosion Test in 10% Ferric Chloride
(pH 1.5) at 70 F (21 C)
Where can you install A286 bolts? What are the limitations and temperature range?
Looking to buy A286 stainless steel bolts for high temperature applications? Check corrosion resistance and other features
Bolts made of A256 material can be installed in applications where high strength, corrosion resistance and temperature resistance are required. Thus, they are found in industries like aerospace, automotive and other industrial applications.
Talking about the limitations and temperature range, here are a few things to consider:
- NAS A286 bolts can withstand elevated temperatures up to 704°C approximately. They also show good creep resistance and mechanical strength at high temperatures.
- A286 hex bolts might experience reduced toughness and embrittlement at temperatures below -196°C.
- A286 hex head bolts show excellent corrosion resistance, especially in oxidizing and mildly reducing environments. But, they might be unsuitable for highly corrosive or chloride-rich environments.
What is the corrosion resistance of A286 nuts and bolts?
Want to know how to increase A286 bolts strength? Compare A286 stainless steel bolts, nuts and screws from other stainless steel alloys
A286 nuts and bolts offer excellent corrosion resistance in various environments. They can withstand oxidizing, mildly reducing, sulphuric acid, chloride and alkaline conditions. Consider the specific A286 bolts strength in resisting corrosion and then choose it for your application. Factors like temperature, concentration and presence of other corrosive agents can affect the overall corrosion performance.
Are A286 fasteners magnetic?
A286 fasteners are generally magnetic. EN 1.4980 hex bolts are Fe based alloy that contains significant amounts of Fe, Ni, and Cr. The presence of Fe in the alloy makes them susceptible to magnetism.
When and why should you go for A286 bolts heat treatment?
Bolts made of A286 can undergo heat treatment for several reasons:
- Solution Annealing- to enhance their mechanical properties and remove any residual stresses.
- Age Hardening- to further enhance their strength and hardness of A286 socket head cap screws and bolts.
- Stress Relief- to reduce residual stresses arising from manufacturing processes or prior use.
How are A286 bolts different from other stainless steel alloys? Find out the 6 major advantages of installing Inconel A286 fasteners
The A286 fastener material properties are unique, which gives them several advantages over other alloys.
- Inconel A286 exhibits excellent strength and mechanical properties. They can maintain high tensile strength and good ductility even at elevated temperatures.
- A286 stainless steel fasteners offer exceptional temperature and oxidation resistance.
- The material provides excellent corrosion resistance, particularly in harsh and corrosive environments.
- A286 stainless steel bolts exhibit considerable magnetic properties.
- Renowned suppliers can custom manufacture the products as per your requirements. Due to enough availability, you will get on time product deliveries from them.
- Reputed manufacturers offer quality products at the best price. You can contact them directly, discuss your requirements and get an exclusive price quote.
Where can I purchase A286 fasteners in India? 7 things you should remember while purchasing A286 metric fasteners
Searching A286 socket head cap screws or nuts manufacturers? Check the availability and other important factors
You can purchase fasteners made of A286 material from reputed manufacturers and suppliers in India. Experts suggest the following should be remembered while making the purchase:
- Ensure the A286 metric fasteners are of high quality and meet the necessary specifications & standards.
- Verify the authenticity of the supplier to ensure that you are buying genuine products
- Check if the fasteners come with appropriate certifications.
- Choose a reputable supplier with a proven track record of delivering quality A286 threaded rods & fasteners and reliable customer service.
- Check if the supplier can offer you customized A286 alloy fasteners as per your requirements.
- Compare prices from different alloy a286 hex bolts manufacturers to ensure competitive pricing.
- Inquire about the supplier's delivery capabilities and ensure they can meet your required delivery timeline.
By contacting Oshwin Overseas, you can get all the above benefits without worrying about quality. Oshwin always have a huge availability of 1.4980 bolts and can deliver them as per your requirements.
Blogger Introduction: Vijesh Mehta is a Mechanical Engineer & CEO with more than 18 years of experience in the field. He loves reading and keeps himself updated about the new trends of the piping industry. Check Profile Link